Dr Marcus Bisson
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
BM BS, MD, FRCS (Plast)
- Marcus Bisson is a vocationally registered specialist in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with the NZ Medical Council
- Marcus also holds a UK CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) in Plastic Surgery.
- Marcus’ initial graduate medical training (of 5 years) along with his basic surgical training (1 year as a junior surgeon plus 5 years as a senior house officer) was undertaken in Nottingham, England
- Following this, Marcus completed a higher degree (of 2 years) researching the hand condition Dupuytren’s Disease. This additional study was undertaken at the RAFT Institute, Mount Vernon Hospital, London
- Having completed his medical doctorate (MD in Clinical Sciences), Marcus undertook further advanced surgical training in the specialty of plastic and reconstructive surgery. This specialist training (as a Registrar, for 6 years) was also completed in England
- Marcus attained the Fellow Royal College of Surgeon qualification, FRCS (Plast) in 2007; Marcus moved to New Zealand in November 2008
- General plastic and microsurgical fellow at the Wellington Regional Plastic, Maxillofacial and Burns unit
- Consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Hutt Valley DHB
- Clinical Director of the Wellington Plastic Maxillofacial and Burns Unit
- Established his Wellington based private practice, Bisson Plastic Surgery, in March 2010.
- A member of the New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons (Ex Treasurer on Council)
- Overseas Member of British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- International Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- On the UK GMC Specialist Register for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Has published extensively in plastic and hand surgery and presented at national and international meetings
- Has maintained his professional development through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Is an honorary senior lecturer for the University of Otago, Department of Surgery.