Breast reduction surgery is normally undertaken to reduce the size of the breasts, whether it is sought for greater physical comfort or visual appearance.
Large, heavy breasts can cause some women to experience neck, shoulder and/or back pain. Breast reduction surgery can assist with this, along with providing a breast size that may be more in proportion to a woman’s body shape.
- Usually an overnight stay is required
- General anaesthetic is used
- You will be reviewed one week after surgery
- Sutures will be dissolvable
- A support bra is recommended to be worn for several weeks
- Back to gentle activity in 2-4 weeks